Spain Explained

Income Tax in Spain for Non-residents

Last updated on March 19th, 2020 at 10:33 am.

What must I pay?

You must pay for each property:

  • Local Taxes (Council Tax, IBI)
  • Government Taxes (Income Tax)
New Call-to-action

Local Taxes

These taxes are paid directly to your Town Hall or via the SUMA offices. They are a form of Council Tax.

Government taxes

These taxes are paid to the Agencia Tributaria (Tax Authority). They are an income tax on your property. You must pay income tax whether you rent out your property or not.

This means that all Spanish holiday home owners should be paying at least 2 taxes. Do not try to avoid these, they may be lower than you think.

What happens if I don’t pay?

Tax evaders have:

  • Fines to pay
  • Bank accounts embargoed
  • Property embargoed

The Spanish Tax Authority sends notification of any outstanding taxes to your house in Spain. If you do not act upon this notification then it can lead to embargoes being applied.

New Call-to-action

It is a different system and it can be confusing. That’s why we have developed these services to help you:

  • Ábaco Taxes – free calculation and personal study of your tax situation in Spain
  • Ábaco Taxes – complete tax service for non-residents including all the legal and tax services you need throughout the year

Contact us and we will offer you a free consultation without obligation.

See all

It might be of your interest...

Leave a comment

No comments yet

There are no comments on this post yet.